Due to the size difference, it’s recommended to specify your height, weight, bust, waist and hip size in the order notes when placing the order, so we can double check the size and provide some suggestion. We will email you if the size you choose does not seem suitable. Please check your inbox or spam folder in the following two days after placing the order for the possible notice.
There are some guidelines to be considered when purchasing your next cheongsam dress:
- Most of the size chart ModernQipao.com are using contents the garment measurement, instead the body measurement.
- Each style of dress from ModernQipao.com may has it’s own size chart.
- Standard deviation/error range of the regular ready to wear garment product is 1-3cm.
- We usually add 2cm+ to our body measurements to choose the suitable size of a traditional Chinese sheath dress. It will give us some room for movement.
- Tight sheath dress made with certain material are easy to be torn apart such as brocade or 100% silk.
- It’s always easy to down size a dress than make it bigger.
- Average 2-4 fittings are required by any custom made tailor service, before the garment is completed depending on complexity of design.
Underneath we list some answers of the questions we often received. Those examples may help you to have a better understanding with cheongsam sizing:
ABOUT STANDARD SIZES DRESSES:
Q: I ordered a standard size dress from you, but it doesn’t fit. Can I return it?
A: Yes. Please read HERE for more details.
Q: I wear American size 4. Is size Medium the correct size to order in cheongsam?
A: Each cheongsam may have its own size chart because they are made by different providers. Please use the size chart of each product to compare with your body measurement to find the suitable size for you.
Q: My body measurement is 90cm-70cm-98cm. What size of cheongsam I should purchase?
A: We will need the product page link to be able to help you since each cheongsam may have the different size chart.
Q: My body measurement is 90cm-70cm-98cm. In your size chart, the size Medium dress is bust-waist-hip (90cm-72cm-94cm) and size Large dress is bust-waist-hip (94cm-76cm-98cm). Which size will fit me better?
A: We suggest you purchase the size Large then trim down the bust and waist area as needed. It’s always easy to down size a dress than make it bigger.
Q: The wedding dress I ordered has such big folds inside, and there is a wider space by the edge than the regular dress. It looks ugly from inside and I am not happy with it. Why?
A: The space inside the dresses is left with a purpose. It’s not the quality issue. We don’t all have the build of a model, so most of the ready to wear standard size cheongsam may require future alterations. The folds and space inside the wedding dress gives the room for local tailor service to trim the dress. It’s always easier and cheaper to down size a dress than make it bigger.
ABOUT CUSTOM MADE DRESSES
Q: I ordered a custom made dress from you. But it doesn’t fit. Can I return it?
A: Average 2-4 fittings are required by any custom made tailor service, before the garment is completed depending on the complexity of the designs. After the first fitting, it’s normal and reasonable to give 1-3cm room for the future alterations.
* If the size of the dress matches the body measurement you provided, but it doesn’t fit you, we offer to make the free alterations to trim down the dress for you (Customer responsible for the shipping cost). However, the dress is not returnable, refundable or exchangeable.
* If the dress we made is smaller than the body measurement you provided for any future alterations, you can return the dress to request the full refund.
Q: I saw that you provide the FREE Alterations for custom size dresses, but I am in a tight schedule. I am afraid the I don’t have time to send the dress back. What should I do?
A: Average 2-4 fittings are required by any custom made tailor service, before the garment is completed depending on complexity of design. If you are have a tight schedule, it’s recommended to use the local tailor service after you receive the dress for the first fitting. Especially the international shipping would be quite pricey.