Average Fitting Requirement:
Normally 1-4 fittings are required by any tailor shop, before the garment is completed. It depending on the complexity of the dress style. If you need the dress to be ready in a short period of time, it easier and quicker to trim down with the local tailor instead of sending it back oversea. Especially the international shipping would be very pricey.
We offer FREE Alterations for Custom Size dresses. Also we accept exchange for Made-to-Order Standard Size dress. However please note that all Made-to-Order Standard Size dress and Custom Size (Color) dresses are NOT refundable.
Three Tightness to Choose From when order traditional, none stretchable cheongsam:
- Standard Fit: Bust + 3 cm, Waist + 2 cm, Hip + 3 cm (modern fit)
- Loose Fit: Bust + 6 cm, Waist + 5 cm, Hip + 6cm (traditional fit for the old fashion cheongsam)
- Tight Fit: Bust + 1 cm, Waist + 1 cm, Hip + 1 cm (it’s NOT recommended, especial for 100% silk or brocade cheongsam dress. It’s easy for the fabric to be torn apart because of the material. Secondly, we should consider the fabric shrinkage. Also please remember it’s always easy to trim down a dress than make it bigger.)
Average Measurement Error Range: up to 3cm
Most customer made dresses would need to take least 2 fitting to fits perfectly. Especially when the dress is made base on the measurement taken by a different person. Please note the slightly size difference could NOT be the reason to request for the full refund and customers are responsible for the shipping cost for the free alterations.
Custom Made Process:
- Browse the products under our Custom Made category.
- Contact Us with the product SKU# or link, describe your needs.
- Order the cheongsam from the product page.
- Submit your measurements HERE. Or use this link to learn about How to take Measurements.
Custom Made Cost:
Some of the dress style we carry are available to custom-made. The cost for most custom-made dresses are from $10 to $150 plus the original retail price of the dress. They are varied by complexity, fabric and techniques.
How Long Does It Take To Make A Tailor Made Dress:
one week to five weeks. They are varied by complexity, fabric, techniques, required season and the adjustment times etc.